Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Thai Chicken Satay Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing

If you don't know what Thai chicken satay is - look it up*! Because it is DELICIOUS!! Last night we ate it on skewers hot off the grill with a side of homegrown grilled eggplant and YDFM sweet potato. Tonight we enjoyed it on a bed of lettuce with home grown red peppers and tomatoes. Oliver's peanut sauce accompanied both meals. YUM!



*Yes, this is me losing patience with writing copy for meals I didn't cook (read: don't know how cook) but LOVED eating.

3 comments:

  1. Can you post the ingredients/recipe for Oliver's peanut sauce??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just used the one linked to on the last line of the ingredients. I'd recommend cutting the sugar by 1/3 to 1/2 in both recipes though, they were a bit too sweet. I'd also double the lemongrass, it's not as prominent as it should be, and triple the turmeric (I went with a whole tablespoon but mine is a bit old) since it gives such nice color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say, when more than one posts makes me want to comment…then you go on my list of favorites to keep checking in on. This salad looks so good and I will be putting it on my list of things to try!


    http://tasteusa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete