Saturday, August 27, 2011

New blog, new shop & new adventures!

Welcome to our venture at using a blog to share our enthusiasm about eating local foods, growing our own fruits and veggies, cooking, canning, brewing and being heart healthy. We're a little family in a little house with a little garden in a historic section of Atlanta. Our family is: Cullen (me), Oliver (my husband) and Topher (our not so little Maine Coon Cat). I include Topher in our passion for eating real foods because our cat is nuts about produce. Leave a bowl of tomatoes on the counter (or a sliced watermelon or pile of spinach) and you will return to find him happily snacking away. 

Our garden isn't always the prettiest but it does produce a satisfying amount of great food. Currently growing: an unwieldy six foot tall heirloom tomato plant, an eggplant (plant), an overgrown grape tomato plant, an Italian cherry pepper plant, and a green pepper plant. Last week I ripped out the cucumbers and there is still a straggly kale plant or two hanging on from our spring planting.

Looking east into our garden:

Looking west into our garden:

Our plants as of late August:


With time I'll update the design and background. But for now I didn't think they were the most important thing. Thanks for visiting and wish us luck!

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure you're my daughter!?!? Canning food? Yikes. I should warn you - I will be a terrible grandmother if the way I am letting Larry eat this weekend is any indication: Happy Meals, chocolate and sprinkled covered donuts, and for dinner, uh-oh spaghettios!!
    Also, still planning on living in the attic as long as you have great home grown food around.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete