Monday, February 13, 2012

Venison Bolognese

 
Made from scratch with roma tomatoes, homemade beef stock, onions, celery, bell pepper, carrot, garlic, mushrooms, more of our neighbor's venison, oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper. 


Topher usually sits in his basket by the heating vent while Oliver cooks in the kitchen. This evening, while I did the dishes, I looked over and saw Topher limp with his nose resting on the vent. At first I was alarmed! But then I realized he'd dozed off while basking in the heat... oh Topher. 

3 comments:

  1. WE WANT TOPHER BACK !!!
    signed...the blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO adorable. My kitty likes to sit by the radiator and stick her paw between the slats...she'll hold it there for minutes at a time!

    I don't eat a lot of meat, but I love venison and hardly ever get to have it. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is precious! I do miss the days of radiator heat (as opposed to central). My apartments in Providence had the greatest (read: hottest) radiators; I loved them.

      Delete